2/27/07

4/3

I'll get you the 3/18 and 3/19 shows. Sorry for the delay. We can postpone for now. I'm gonna offer up some thoughts on a show that I absolutely love the 4/3/77 Palladium shows. It reaks of the east coast Dead. I'll also contribute to 4/23.

I am going to repost my comment to your year-in-review here, since I like the give-and-take format better. If anyone else would like to 'post' as opposed to 'comment' let us know. We'll be happy to oblige.

Just a few thoughts in perhaps a too random order:

1) Lily Allen -- I enjoy her songs enough but I don't think anyone will be listening to her in a year or so. That may not diminish this effort but coupled with a truly wooden performance on SNL I don't think her future is bright.

2) Bobby didn't give credit to his forebears in 1967 why expect him to do so in 2007?!?

3) I think you're spot on with The Hold Steady. This release simply isn't different enough from Seperation Sunday. While I enjoy aspects of it I won't be pulling it out in the future and it isn't novel to anyone with an ear for classic rock. Also, you rag on some of the artwork on this years list but this has to be, hands-down, the worst cover art of 2006.

No comments: